In the last few weeks, you’ve got a serious crash course in setting up your email marketing to make your business more successful.
- You’ve brainstormed where your email subscribers might hang out online
- You’ve created a valuable lead-magnet to give to committed email subscribers
- You’ve started setting up the email system with the most important email you’ll write
But what about getting more subscribers to your list? How do you do that?
Simple: by creating a landing page that convinces your website reader to take the next step and sign up to your list.
Here’s an example:
Placeholder landing page. One of the Thrive Architect designs.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Having a logo, or other credibility indicators will make your landing page more legit.
- You need a benefit-driven headline that tells them what it’s in it for them for signing up (what do they get?)
- No navigation. This is crucial because you don’t want to give people any options. They either sign up or leave.
- Always use a clear call to action. The screenshot above says “Sign Me Up!” which is fine, but it could be linked to what you’re giving them (so it would read “Get eBook/Training/Checklist/etc” instead of just “Sign Up for (another…) Newsletter.”
- If you have testimonials from subscribers/customers, it’s great to add those to your opt-in page. It’s a form of social proof that can be very valuable. People landing on the page will see that other people have signed up, so they might as well.
Reverse-Engineer These Pages
All of the following landing pages convert at over 50%:
That means that out of 100 people who land on the EQ Cheatsheet page, for example, 60 people will become subscribers. Knowing this number means that your email subscription rate becomes a simple math equation:
Traffic * Conversion Rate = Subscribers
If the conversion rate stays the same, all you need to do is increase the amount of traffic to your site.
And if you need more help growing your list, creating more content for your subscribers and selling more digital products, head on over and get my Email Marketing Manifesto where you’ll learn my system to get 100 subscribers/day.